With the advent of spring, bright yellow primrose flowers appear on the clearings. Beautiful squat bushes, a round cap of smart flowers. This kaluzhnitsa, which is widely used not only as an ornamental plant, but also a medicinal product in medicine.
Kaluzhnitsa marsh: photo and description
Kaluzhnitsa is a perennial herbaceous plant that belongs to the family of Lyutikovs. Species of the plant is very small – up to 40, of which 6 grows on the territory of the former USSR. The most popular is the marsh kaluzhnitsa.
Root is represented by cord-like roots, collected in a single bundle.
The plant has an erect, naked, very fleshy and leafy stalk. As a rule, it is ascending or ascending. Sometimes there are specimens with a bed. In the adult state, the height of the bush reaches about 40 cm.
The foliage is shiny, solid, naked, has a regular arrangement, cordate or kidney-shaped and dark green in color. Edge is crenate-serrated or crenate. Bracts are sedentary, and the basal foliage is located on long petioles and measures up to 20 cm in width. But the stem leaves have a fleshy structure.
Blooming caluzhnitsa (photo is presented in the article) comes in April-May with the bud blooming on long peduncles in the amount of 7 pcs. on the bush. Flowers consist of 5 petals and a simple perianth, 2-12 pcs. pistils and a variety of stamens and painted in golden orange or bright yellow, color.
After flowering the fruit-multi-leaf ripens. And their number is the same as the number of pestles was originally. At the end of each leaflet there is a tail, and inside – about 10 seeds of black color. The full fruit ripens in May-June, after which it opens and the seeds fall to the ground.
With the plant, one must be very careful, since the ground part is poisonous. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to use any parts in raw form. But after cooking, the toxic substances inside are destroyed, and the plant becomes harmless to health.
Another popular variety for the beauty of the flower is a terry caluzhnika. The most famous varieties: Plena, Multiplex, Flore Pleno, having large, up to 5 cm in diameter double-colored buds of bright yellow color. And the swing is so strong that the appearance of the flower can be confused with a small dahlias.
Cedar marsh: landing and grooming
The beauty of the plant will please the eye only if it is properly planted and grown. Let’s consider the basic requirements of a kaluzhnitsa:
- Lighting and soil. It is best to arrange the flower along with a good light or a weak penumbra. And it is desirable near water reservoirs, as kaluzhnitsa requires a rich and perfectly moistened substrate.
- Temperature regime. Specific requirements for temperature, the plant does not express. The only thing is that it is frost-hardy, so even the young can easily endure the winter without shelter.
- Watering. With the onset of heat, the plant should be watered fairly abundantly. It is also carried out at the time of vegetation.
- Humidity. This parameter is very important for the plant. It should be quite high. If the humidity decreases even for a short while, this will greatly affect the decorativeness of the plant. Picking up a place for planting, pay attention to the loam. In doing so, carefully make sure that it does not dry out and does not dry up.
- Feeding. With the arrival of spring, the calf is fed, introducing fertilizers of organic origin. Before the winter bushes mulch. Before flowering, fertilizing is carried out with mineral fertilizers, which not only provoke abundant flowering, but also lush flowering.
- Transfer. Kaluzhnitsa excellently transfers a new place of residence, so you can without fear transplant it. You need to do this at any time during the vegetative period, but preferably in March or September.
Control watering by ground condition. Wet off – water.
Kaluga herb propagation description
The plant multiplies in several ways:
- By dividing the bush during transplantation in autumn or spring. For this, the plant is excavated along with the root, divided into equal-sized roots and planted in its own wells. Further, the plants are shaded by bright rays, abundantly watered and protected by goths of gusts of wind.
- Cuttings. During the summer they cut, and then root in the ground.
- Node rooting. With the onset of spring they make a stem excretion (they simply bend the stem to the ground and attach it with a “bracket”). In this node, in time, roots appear, and by autumn a separate bush is formed, which then in spring can be separated from the mother plant and transplanted into a permanent in its well .
- There is also a seed method of reproduction.
Since kaluzhnitsa has not only decorative, but also curative value, we will consider two variants of its use.
The plant is widely used in medicine. Since the plant is poisonous, it is used in different collections in the minimum amount (leaves, stems, flowers in the state of buds are in use). The therapeutic properties of the caluzhny are as follows:
- Helps with diseases of the respiratory system (asthma, whooping cough, fever, bronchitis).
- Has analgesic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and anticonvulsant, strong antibacterial properties.
- It is used for dropsy, rheumatism, scrofula.
- Often appointed in the treatment of burns, inflammation, wounds.
- Used for diseases of the urinary tract.
- Relieves women’s condition in painful menstruation.
- The juice of the plant is an excellent emetic and laxative.
Kaluzhnitsa is a early-flowering plant. Not surprisingly, landscape designers love it and are widely used to decorate gardens, parks, borders, flower beds. This is an excellent plant for the design of water bodies, both natural and artificial. Growing well in the foliage, the plant will become a real decoration of the shore.
Planting plants in the neighborhood with other species of flora, it is necessary to select such specimens that have similar characteristic data and similar flowering periods. It is necessary that the flowers do not shade each other. Also take into account the blossoming of the caluga: before it you need to plant specimens blooming somewhat later or having a late date of leaf blooming.
Kaluzhnica perfectly neighbors with krasnodnevom, softest medinitsa, Chinese astilba, snake mountaineer, host, thick-leafed badan, alpine forget-me-not, ostrich.
Knowing all the subtleties of planting and growing a calf, you can decorate your pond or garden area. Only do not forget that the plant is poisonous and wash your hands after work.