Many lovers of salted fish have no idea how to pickle the pike yourself. To her taste turned out to be gentle, you need to know some tricks of her salting.
Read the article: how to properly saline fat?
Detailed process of pickling
To begin with, you need to prepare the fish for pickles, rinse it thoroughly and cut off excess parts. These include the head, tail and fins. Pike internals are also removed. In this case, make sure that you do not damage the gallbladder. After this, the carcass is cut, taking the ridge through the incision on the back.
In order to remove the remains of the intestines from the carcass, use a napkin. Water is best not to wash the fish inside.
- black or red pepper;
- Bay leaf;
- 7 table spoons of coarse salt per 1.5 kg of pike;
Before pickling the pike, you must mix all the prepared ingredients, namely salt and seasonings. The carcass should be rubbed with spices inside and out. If you cut it into pieces, then the process of salting will be faster.
The fish are placed in a prepared container, pressing it with the load. Do not forget to put the bay leaf. If the pressure is heavy, then the pike will be more dry. The pike is kept for 2 days at room temperature, after which the cargo is removed and the brine is drained off.
If you can not wait to eat a salted pike, after two days, remove it from the brine and soak it in cool water. Then the carcass should be skinned and cut into pieces, if you have not already done so. The fillet is sprinkled with lemon juice and sprinkled with herbs. Leave the fish to soak for 20 minutes and add the pieces of pickled onions.
How to pickle pike to make it slightly salted? To do this, shorten the time it is under oppression. Adding vinegar to the brine will protect you from parasites that may be present in the fish. If desired, you can add garlic and other spices.
How to pickle the pike for drying
For the salting process, use cookware that is not oxidized. For this, an enamelled pan is suitable, as well as a plastic or glass container of suitable size.
If you want to learn how to pickish the pike for drying, so that the dried fish turns out delicious, then take note of simple tips. It is important to properly prepare the fish and not to be mistaken with the necessary salt concentration.
We begin the process of preparation:
- The fish are thoroughly washed and taken out of the insides, in this case it turns out to be more dry. But if you want pike can not be gutted.
- Prepare an enameled pot of sufficient volume and pour salt on the bottom with a layer of 1 centimeter.
- Lay the pike in the pan by the side, and on top again cover it with a centimeter layer of salt. So lay all the fish. Pour the last layer of salt.
- Top on the lid, put the load in the form of a weight or a container of water in order for the fish to start the juice.
- Remove the pan into the darkened place for 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks, the next stage of salting pike at home, the recipes of which we give in this article. After salting, the fish is soaked for 2 days in cold water.
This process is as follows:
- Already the salted pike is taken out from under the load and thoroughly washed.
- After this, it must be lowered into a container with cool water.
- After two days, the fish are taken out and suspended, so that the excess liquid of the glass. At this point its preparation for drying is over.
How to pickle the pike for smoking
There is another option for pickling pike – for a smokehouse. In this case, the process of preparing the fish is slightly different.
It is necessary to perform the following steps:
- With the help of a sharp knife, we separate the head and make a cut on the back.
- We begin to prepare a saline solution. To do this, pour the water into the selected container and send it to the plate. A fairly large amount of salt will need to be added to the liquid.
- Bring the brine to a boil, you do not need to cool it. Then we lower the fish into a saucepan of hot liquid and leave it for 3 hours.
- We remove the pike and wash it in cold water.
- This completes the preparation of the fish for smoking.
Before salting the pike for smoking, take an important advice. To check the brine on the strength, take the peeled potatoes in their raw form and dip them into a pot of water. If the potato has surfaced, then you have added enough salt.
If you follow all the necessary recommendations, then the fish will turn out to be fragrant and spicy. Use these simple recipes when you do not want to spend a lot of time picking pike at home, but want to enjoy its delicate taste. Food can be presented to your family or friends at the festive table or simply cook fish for dinner to any side dish. We wish you a pleasant appetite!