Tasty and unusual cucumbers in their own juice. Pickling cucumbers can be various ways, but to make in your own juice – this is known by the units. With such a preparation, even a novice cook will cope. The process itself takes a little time, and the result is worth it. Diversify your homework!
Fresh cucumber: composition, benefit and harm
Cucumber is a familiar and desired vegetable on our table. Unique in its essence, with an equally unique and diverse chemical composition.
In the composition of almost 95% is water, which can quench your thirst, remove harmful toxins from the body.
Widespread and diverse palette of microelements that make up the cucumber: iodine, fluoride, potassium, phosphorus, molybdenum and many, many others. There are also vitamins of group B, carotenoids, organic acids (ascorbic, folic) are present.
Benefits of cucumbers:
- Contains natural iodine, which supports the function of thyroid gland.
- The molybdenum in the composition is extremely necessary for the body to normalize metabolic processes.
- Contains tartronic acid, the effect of which in the body is to prevent the transition of carbohydrates to fats.
- Can be used as a means for healthy weight loss.
- The fiber content helps the body work much better.
- Have a diuretic effect.
- With the help of cucumbers, you can forget what constitutes swelling and constipation.
- The potassium is essential for the normal functioning of the heart and its conducting system.
- Vitamins improve the work of all organs and systems in general, increase tissue protection, strengthen immunity.
- Widely used cucumber mass in cosmetology: restores the balance of water, eliminates the excess fat content of the skin
Harm to cucumbers:
- Do not advise or absolutely forbid to eat those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Do not recommend people with a stomach ulcer and if there is gastritis.
Mummies, nursing small children, do not recommend eating cucumbers, since they have a good laxative effect.
How to salt cucumbers in their own juice
For cooking, suitable cucumbers in different sizes: large, medium and small.
I can not use iodized salt for salting vegetables, because, firstly, iodine smears, and secondly, vegetables soften and become sour from iodine. You need to buy only rock salt.
Cucumbers in cucumber juice for the winter can be prepared in the following ways:
- Kvass, and then store under tight lids in the cellar, on the balcony, in the fridge.
- Marinate with 9% vinegar added, cover with metal covers and store at room temperature.
To cucumbers after salting were crispy and dense, they should be placed in the cold water for about 3 hours before pickling.
Tasty, crispy, slightly spicy, cucumbers are obtained by the following recipe.
Recipe: cucumbers in their own juice for the winter
Ingredients for 3 liter jar:
- 1 kg of large cucumbers, for juice;
- 1.5 kg of medium or small cucumbers;
- 80-100 grams of salt of large stone cookery;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 3-4 pcs. peas of sweet pepper;
- 4-5 pcs. peas of black pepper;
- 1/3 of a small bitter red pepper;
- 1-2 pcs. carnations;
- 1-2 pcs. bay leaf;
- 1 dried dill umbrella;
- 2 pcs. horseradish leaf.
If you add bark or oak leaves, cherry leaves or currants, then thanks to the tannins that are contained in these ingredients, cucumbers will become crisp and plump.
Very often housewives large and heavily ripe cucumbers throw out, but in fact they are great for juice and serve as preparations for different dishes: rassolnik, green soups and different salads.
- It is desirable to pickle cucumbers collected from the bed. Sort and wash properly. Be sure to dry it.
- Large ripe cucumbers grate, then add salt, mix and let it brew.
- At the bottom of a clean 3-liter jar lay all cooked spices: bay leaf, dill, garlic (cut), clove fragrant, horseradish leaves, black pepper, bitter and fragrant.
- Add the juice of grated cucumber. Gently and beautifully decompose the medium and small fruit, pour brine, filling the voids.
- After 2-3 days, cucumbers will be salted. They need to be taken to a cold place.
Cucumbers are salted in their own juice for the winter, they turn out to be unusually aromatic and crunchy. From the juice prepare very tasty soups: rassolnik, hodgepodge, aze. It can also be used in the preparation of various sauces, mayonnaise or gravy.
Black pepper: peas and powder, red pepper and other spices soften the pickles, so it is advised to add not more than the amount given in the recipe.
Pickling cucumbers in their own juice without temperature treatment (sterilization), is useful to everyone without exception, since it preserves vitamins and trace elements.
Keep these twists in a cool place, it is advisable to eat them until spring, tk. then they perekisayut.
Such cucumbers can easily stand for a long time. Having absorbed the smell of garlic, they will become fragrant and will crunch tremendously.
It is desirable to put a sheet of horseradish on top of it so that mold does not form. Well close the plastic lid. Or you can, in the absence of a horseradish leaf, anoint with the inside of the lid with a ready-made mustard. Such a “protection” will not give mold to vegetables.
Cucumbers, pickled in their own juice “Fingers lick”
Plus this billet is that it can be made from vegetables of different sizes, large non-standard and medium. In winter we open appetizing, crispy pickled cucumbers in our own juice, lay out on a large dish and serve for dinner or a festive table.
- 3 kg of large or medium cucumbers;
- 100 g of sunflower oil;
- half a glass of vinegar 9%;
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of salt;
- 250-300 g of sugar;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of mustard seeds;
- bunches of parsley and dill.
- Cucumbers to wash and pick.
- Cut diagonally into 4 parts (strongly large in 6-8 parts), and in half, should resemble a “lady’s little finger”. Put everything in a large saucepan.
- Cut dill and parsley. Add the prepared ingredients to the sliced cucumbers: greens, oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, sliced garlic, mustard seeds and greens. It is good to mix everything, cover and leave for hours 5-6.
- Periodically mix the workpiece, for a good soaking marinade. In the proposed recipe the role of marinade is played by cucumber juice with sunflower oil and vinegar.
- Remove pickled cucumbers in a prepared jar and pour a cucumber marinade. Cover with sterilized covers.
It is necessary to cut off the tips of cucumbers. First, the salting will accelerate, and secondly, in the tips the accumulation of nitrates is the most.
When cucumbers are marinated, you need to prepare jars and lids for conservation. The jars can be sterilized in two ways:
- Well cleaned jars sterilize. On a saucepan with boiling water to establish a strainer on her cans, leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Clean the dry jars in an oven for 10-15 minutes.
To cucumbers in the bank in their own juice well salted, they need to be stacked vertically. Also, do not put too tightly to each other, as they will lose their ability to crunch.
We need to sterilize the cans to ensure that our stock is well kept. At the bottom of the pan lay a special wooden circle or thick fabric folded in 2 times. We put from above filled jars with cucumbers.
Pour warm water into the saucepan, over the “shoulders” of the can. We are waiting for the water in the saucepan to boil, to reduce the fire and sterilize:
- 0.5 liters – 10-15 minutes;
- 1 liter – 20-25 minutes.
Get the ready-made cans with the workpiece and twist it well. Check the tightness, put the cans bottom to the top, leaving it to cool completely. Store at room temperature.
In a month our cucumbers “You can lick your fingers” you can eat, they are very
fragrant, delicious and crunchy.
Lightly salted cucumbers in own juice
Cucumber juice to cook from large overripe vegetables – grate. The resulting mass with juice is spread over jars, add pepper, salt, various spices and all this pour warm water. Then lower the small size cucumbers. After 2 days, lightly salted cucumbers will be ready.
Sliced cucumbers in their own juice for the winter
Simple and easy preparation process and a small amount of ingredients. And in the end you will get a piquant tasty snack, which will later decorate your table.
It will take ingredients:
- cucumber of medium size 4 kg;
- sand sugar 250-300 g;
- vegetable oil 1 glass;
- vinegar dining room 1 glass;
- salt, not iodized 1/3 cup;
- a lot of parsley and dill;
- bulbs averages 4 pieces.
- Cucumbers with greens to wash well, peel onions. Onion cut into half-kilo, cut the cucumbers into rings, and chop the greens very finely.
- Mix everything and add sugar and salt, vinegar, sunflower oil to the mixture. Leave everything for about 3 hours to make a lot of juice.
- After that, they can be eaten immediately. In order to twist the cucumbers in their own juice, you need to prepare the jars: wash well, sterilize. Next, decompose the entire mixture into jars, tighten and immediately put the top down. Leave for about a day under a warm blanket. You can store in a cellar, a vegetable store.
Cucumbers are obtained by this recipe very tasty, have a unique flavor. Cooking recipes cucumbers in cucumber juice for the winter is not difficult, and enjoying the winter will be very nice.