Stuffed cabbage is a dish that can be served both at the daily table and at the festive table. They are prepared according to different recipes and if they are done very much, they perfectly tolerate the frost. It remains only to figure out how to prepare frozen cabbage rolls. In a frying pan or in the oven, defrost or not, boil or still stew? So, we disclose all the secrets of cooking semi-finished products.
In a frying pan
Let’s start with the easiest way – how to prepare frozen cabbage rolls in a pan. It is good that cabbage rolls do not even need to be defrosted. It’s enough just to heat up the utensils with high sides and lay out the workpiece on it.
Use only a cast-iron frying pan. In it, semi-finished products will not only not stick, but they will also be fried and well-cooked. If it is not, you can use a thick-walled cast iron.
If you plan to cook meat semi-finished products, then you can also prepare and gravy-sauce. To do this, cabbage rolls are laid in rows, pouring them with grated raw carrots and chopped onions. Fill the contents with water so that it completely covers the “envelopes”. Covering with a lid, put the frying pan on the stove and, when the contents boil, reduce the fire to a minimum, add tomato paste, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until ready (40-60 minutes).
How to cook deliciously frozen cabbage rolls in a saucepan
For 1 kg of frozen convenience foods will require two carrots, as well as salt with pepper. To prepare the sauce, prepare 3 tablespoons. l. vegetable oil and tomato paste with flour for two st. l. of each ingredient. And now about how to properly cook frozen cabbage rolls in a saucepan:
- First of all defrosted cabbage rolls. This is done either in the usual way on the table, getting the cabbage rolls from the freezer two hours before cooking. And you can do it more simply – put them in the microwave oven to the “Defrost” mode. Prepared semi-finished products are placed in a pan with a thick bottom.
- Carrots are washed, cleaned and tindered on a grater of fine diameter.
- Carrots are spread over the surface of cabbage leaves.
- Pour into the pan water, so that it covers its contents, and also salt and pepper.
- It remains only to find out how much to cook frozen cabbage rolls. After you put the pan on the fire, wait for the boil, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for an hour.
- In the meantime, proceed to gravy. After heating the frying pan, fry the flour in vegetable oil until a golden hue appears. Then he mixes the mixture with warm water, and sends to cook until it thickens.
- When the time for cooking stuffed cabbage leaves, add gravy, add finely shredded greens and cook for about 10 minutes.
Everything, the dish is ready. You can put it on a plate and start eating.
Multivark to the rescue
This unit is available in almost every kitchen. It is very convenient and allows you to prepare various dishes. So it is worth considering how to prepare frozen cabbage rolls in a multivariate:
- First prepare the sauce. To do this, take a carrot, clean it, grate the trowel and send it to the unit, pre-setting the “Frying” or “Baking” mode.
- Onions are peeled, finely chopped and sent to the neighborhood of carrots along with tomato paste. The contents should be mixed well.
- When vegetables are fried, add a little warm water or broth to make the sauce more liquid, boil a little and pour into a deep container.
- Now in the ryadochek, preferably on the barrel, densely put in a bowl multivarki frozen cabbage rolls. You do not need to defrost them. On top, they are poured with sauce and, setting the “Quenching” mode, prepare 1-1.3 hours.
You can use different sauces for cooking. Some housewives add garlic, various spices or other ingredients. Variety never fails.
Everything, you can sit at the table.
Taste from the oven
We have already described how to extinguish frozen cabbage rolls in a pan. And now try to bake them in the oven. It turns out very tasty.
In the process of cooking, try to lay the pigeons in one floor. This will allow them to bake well and quickly.
- We take out the semi-finished products and fry them in a heated frying pan, adding a little oil. When the “envelopes” get a golden color, they are transferred to a roasting dish.
- For sauce, clean a large carrot and rub it on a grater with a large diameter of the holes.
- The onion head is released from the husk and cut into small cubes.
- Frying pan heated, pour oil and fry on it cut vegetables until cooked.
- In another pan, melt a little butter, pour in flour and fry until golden.
- Carefully, a trickle of milk is poured into the oil and flour mix. Do not forget to constantly stir so that lumps do not form.
- After boiling the sauce for a few minutes, the roasted vegetable mixture is spread into it, and then the stuffed cabbage rolls are poured.
- The container with semifinished products is sent to a preheated to 180 degree oven and bake for about half an hour.
- Now prepare the sauce, which will be watered ready-made cabbage rolls. In the remaining juice in the frying pan, separated after frying the semi-finished products, pour in the tomato paste, stir thoroughly, and then pour in the sour cream.
- Cream is added. They need so much so that the sauce has the right consistency. In this case, note that when cooking the sauce will thicken a little. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Finished cabbage rolls with cream sauce and served to the table.
Before you prepare frozen cabbage rolls, you should take note of a few more rules:
- Instead of cream, you can use broth, preferably meat, or water. It should be hot, but not with boiling water, otherwise the sour cream will curdle and the dish will be spoiled.
- When preparing the sauce, watch the fire – it should be small, so that the cooking product does not burn.
- And do not boil the sauce, he does not like it.
We introduced you to how to prepare frozen cabbage rolls in many ways. Try to experiment and find for yourself the most delicious decision.